Butternut Squash, Quinoa and Feta Salad
Salads don’t need to be just for summer. This warm salad contains carotenoid (antioxidant)-rich butternut squash, gluten-free, high protein quinoa and an omega 3 rich dressing. A firm, winter lunch box stable.
Write a review
- • 600g chopped and cubed butternut squash
- • 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- • 150g quinoa
- • 2 cups vegetable stock
- • 1 clove garlic, sliced
- • 1 onion, finely chopped
- • Handful of rocket
- • 200g feta, crumbled
- • 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- • 4 tbsp. walnut oil
- • 1 tbsp. mint, chopped
- • 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- • 20g pumpkin seeds (small handful)
- • Sea salt/pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Place butternut squash on large baking sheet and toss with coconut oil. Season and bake for 20 mins.
- While butternut squash baking, place quinoa in a pan with vegetable stock and garlic. Bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer and cook with lid on for 15 mins. Turn off heat and allow to stand for 5 mins. Add in onion and rocket leaves.
- Mix all dressing ingredients together. Spoon quinoa onto a serving plate and add butternut squash and crumbled feta. Add dressing and sprinkle with seeds to serve.
- Frying the pumpkin seeds for a minute or two makes them extra crunchy and taste even more delicious.
Zoe Warren Yoga http://zoeyoga.co.uk/