- Lie on your front with you hands directly under your shoulders.
- As you inhale pull the hands back towards you in order to lift the chest up.
- People often push their hands down here which ends up crunching into your lower back. Make sure you feel as though you are lifting the chest to the front of the mat. NO PUSHING!
- Roll the shoulders down the back.
- Keep the belly pulling in and up to support the back.
- Push your pubic bone into the mat to keep the lower back long.
- Exhale lower back down.
- If done correctly this is a lovely pose for creating length and strength in the back and opening up the chest.