One Leg Downward Dog with Hip Opener:
- Come into your Downward Dog and take a few deep breaths
- Lift your right leg up as high as you can.
- Keep your lower back long.
- Bend your knee and open your hip kicking your heel towards your bum.
- Extend the thigh up towards the ceiling as much as you can.
- Keep the shoulders even.
- Lift up through the lower belly and the pelvic floor.
- Take 5 deep breaths here.
- Step back to Downward Dog and change sides.
- Great for opening up the hip flexors.
- Good stretch for the hamstring in the standing leg.
- Inversions such as this get blood flushing up to the head and the heart.
- Good for the immune system.
- Simultaneously strengthening and lengthening the legs.